Wednesday, July 22, 2009

STAY HEALTHY, MAKE A COZY

You’re probably wondering what the heck are these. Have you ever warmed your coffee or soup or anything up in a public microwave? How about where you work? I have and once I took a look inside that microwave, I went YUK! I wondered what crust and crud might have fallen into my coffee. I’ve tried to clean the oven, but when you have scads of people using it 24 hours a day, it is impossible to keep clean. I used to use paper towels to cover my cups or bowls but that seemed a waste of a tree to me. Sometimes there are not always paper towels available (at least where I work). And when I was working off premises, I wondered about what was inside that microwave.


So I solved my concerns by making these little Coffee Cozies (that’s what I call them). I made several different sizes to fit my needs. You can do that too. Just take a circle of fabric, trim it if you want, and there you have it. They are easy to carry in your purse for that spur of the moment need. You can wash them too.

These are not only for coffee. You can use them when you heat up your water for tea. A Prairie Home has a cute Tea Tote Tutorial (try to say that real fast) that you might also want to try.
Hope you're having a great day.
Caroll


1 comment:

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo