Sunday, November 15, 2009

AUNT MILLIE'S BLOCK #6


This is my 6th Aunt Millie’s block. Looks like I got lazy here, but the pattern was such that I couldn’t break it up and put a lot of different fabrics in the flowers. Then when it came to the berries I just didn’t have the time or the various fabrics that I thought would work, so that’s why this one looks a little more plain, which might not be too bad. I might need something like this to help tone down the others. You should see the wild block I’m working on now. Hope to have it done to show you next week.

We have a couple classes this week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop that I bet you would like. Cindy is holding her Grommet Bag class Monday and I hope I can get out of work in time to run up and take that class. I have a special person who would love this Bag as a Christmas present.

Another class I hope to take is J.D’s Crazy Pieced Jewelry Roll. This heirloom crazy pieced jewelry roll is easy to make and well received as a gift. I think I’ll make several as I have friends who like to travel and this would be a great gift for them. Check out all the wonderful classes coming up at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.

Brown Paper Packages has a Scatter Sunshine Scrappy quilt tutorial that is rather unique. Very pretty and a great way to use up those scarps. What a great gift for that special someone and it won’t cost much money at all.

Until Next Time, Happy Quilting,
Caroll


7 comments:

blushing rose said...

Wow! I love that bag! & the wallet. Gorgeous fabric choices. Have a lovely week.

TTFN ~Marydon

Vicky F said...

Hi Caroll,
I think you are getting a little "warped" (and I mean that in a good way)., calling this block "not bright enough" now that you are making your blocks out of bright fabrics. Hah. Your block is gorgeous and should go well with the others.
Have fun!
Vicky F

jenclair said...

Love the Aunt Millie's Blocks and the great bag!

Allie said...

That's a beautiful block - I love the happy colors! Wish I could come take some of these classes, they all sound good!

Nancy Page said...

Love the block, great bag and the jewelry keeper is so just for a girl. Thank you for sharing. And thank you for Brown Paper Packages. Lovely blog. Have a great day.

Nancy Page said...

I appreciate the corrected link. It worked a a whole lot better. Thank you and have a great day.

Micki said...

The block and the bag are wonderful! That class looks great, so hopefully you will take it.
Micki

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo