Sunday, December 13, 2009

IT'S SNOWING BUTTONS

Sew Cal Gal is hosting a Virtual Christmas Quilt show. People are to enter their quilt and tell about it. Above is the quilt I have entered. I made three of these wall hangings years ago, when I first decided to become a quilter, but really did not know too much about what I was doing. With exuberant enthusiasm (I know that is redundant) for my new hobby I decided to make my daughter and two daughters-in-law each a wall hanging. Little did I realize the difficulty involved. Actually, I think the worst and most unforgettable part was putting 200 buttons on each wall hanging. As I recall the directions said to take a hand full of buttons and toss them onto the wall hanging and then sew them down where they land, after all, these buttons were supposed to be snowflakes. Gads, do you realize how difficult and back breaking that was to do? Trust me, I think twice before I let my enthusiasm take hold today. Still, I kind of like these guys, don’t you? Click on over here (scroll down) and see all the other fantastic quilts in the show. And do it now as the show ends Dece. 25th. You’re sure to enjoy the view.

Fab Talk has a link to a cute tote.

Until next time,
Caroll

13 comments:

SewCalGal said...

You have many delightful "Snow" friends. Thanks for sharing and for entering them in my Virtual Christmas Quilt Show. Too cute!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalga.blogspot.com

Anita in Florida said...

Love your Snowmen!!

antique quilter said...

its adorable, love the snowflakes scattered all over!
and the snowmen are just so cute!

Nancy Page said...

What a wonderful and cheery "snow" quilt. Love the snowmen in the snow. Have a great day.

Poppyprint said...

Adorable!

Allie said...

That's too cute - but THREE??? Wow, such exuberance!

Vicky F said...

Hi Caroll,
I love your snowmen (despite the grief you had with those buttons; I think the buttons help make it!)
Vicky F

Myra said...

Darling snowmen! Love the button snow!!! 8-)

Cindy said...

Just a darling snowman quilt, Caroll. These guys are adorable!!

QuiltSue said...

I love your snowmen.

Mia's Cottage said...

Snow cute!!! hehehe, Love it!
Donna

SheilaC said...

LOVE the buttons (even if they were a pain!)

Thank you for sharing

SheilaCui

Jocelyn said...

These snowmen are just TOO CUTE! Merry Christmas!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo