Thursday, December 17, 2009

YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO MAKE THESE GIFTS

I’ve been busy making things for Christmas and thought you might like to make some too. There is still time! This cute gingerbread man with a bite taken out of him is by Elsie Marley. I have him hanging on my tree but he’d be cute on a package too.

These aprons were fun and easy to make and the pattern can be found at Phyllis Dobbs.

Can’t have too many candy canes. These are easy to make. I didn’t dip them in Stiffy as suggested on Lavieen Rosie’s site, because I thought they were cute as is. They will look nice on the tree on tied to a package.


I made scads of pillowcases for the young kids. You can find this easy and fast way of sewing them at The Quilting Season. You’ll have them done in no time.
.
All quilters and lovers of fabric should stop over at Quilt Hollow and read her letter to Santa. I sure could relate!

Until next time,
Caroll


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caroll...I love the Christmas pillowcases! I have 5 granddaughters that would love them! I have made them regular pillowcases...but the Christmas Idea or any holiday is a wonderful idea! Thanks!

Myra said...

Great gifts! You are certainly on a roll there!
I had forgotten I was going to make some pillowcases for stocking stuffers this year... perhaps there is still time! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Cindy said...

You're having too much fun, Caroll. I just love the candy canes that Carrie shared on her blog this past Designer Blog Hop. You're look gret!!

And what woman doesn't love an apron - especially as pretty as these.

And yes, Mary's Dear Santa letter is one we all can relate to...LOL

Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Perfect gifts...however I'm finished for the year and will mark this for next go around. I keep saying I'll start earlier next time....then before I know it..(you know what I mean). The pillowcases are fantastic!! I love those bright and vibrant fabrics!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo