Sunday, September 26, 2010

AROUND THE WORLD QUILTING BEE BLOCKS

I have had so many things to show you lately that I haven’t had a chance to show you the blocks I made for the Around The World Quilting Bee. Remember, the theme this year is Christmas.

This first block (above) is for Jen. She sent along special fabrics for us to include in our block. This block is made with the paper piecing method. Not my forte, but I think it turned out okay. Hope she likes it.


This is Dionne’s block. It’s supposed to look like a Christmas present. Actually, it is the State of Michigan block that I found at Bellaonline.com. It really does look like a wrapped gift, doesn’t it? This block is made with straight, old fashioned piecing.


This block is for Patty. It has been a while since I finished this block and sent it on its way. I think I recall there being several of trees in her other blocks and that’s why I chose this design. I like it because I was able to appliqué this block.



And I must have made this for someone in the group, but I can’t remember who. It is on its way around the world. If you are reading this and it is in the collection you now have, please let me know who it belongs to so that I can put a name on it.

Don’t forget that Quilts On The Grand 2010 starts this week. Over 250 quilts are being featured. There is also a vendor mall and a small quilt auction. The show is Oct 1 – 3 at the DeltaPlex Arena, 2500 Turner Avenue, NW, Grand Rapids, MI. Admission is $8. Proceeds will benefit the Tie That Binds Fund at the Neonatal Unit at Spectrum Butterworth and the Covenant Enabling Residence, Faith House.

Sew Mama Sew has a tutorial for a three ring binder pencil pouch. What a great idea for those school kids, young and old. Think Christmas Gift!
.
Stay Positive!

Until next time,
Caroll

11 comments:

Doreen , Houston, MN said...

Love the Michigan/present block. Will make a great block for our local quilt group gift exchange this year. Thanks for the link!!!!

Allie said...

Gorgeous blocks! Love the Michigan block, you're right it does look like a gift. Nicely done!

Barb said...

What fun blocks....

Paloma said...

wow!! these Christmas blocks are amazing!! We sure are keeping you busy with them.

Mama Pea said...

I love the Michigan block. It's my favorite. Yes, it does look like a Christmas gift! I love the fabrics in that one, too. Thanks for the links, too!

Nellie's Needles said...

Carol, my email to you was returned so here's my answer to your question:

My ArtPrize entry is at DeVos Place up on the skywalk above the lobby. My vote code is 42011. Thanks.

Nancy Page said...

Wonderful blocks! I like them all.

Thank you for sharing.

Have a super great sewing day.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Hi, Carrie just posted that block on her blog. A passion for applique!
You know I love all your blocks!

Vicky F said...

Hi Caroll,
Cute stuff on your web site lately!

Is Attic Window going to be a vendor at the WMQG quilt show at the DeltaPlex this weekend?

And are you going? I'll be there on Fri so will keep an eye out for you.

Take care.
Vicky F

Sparky said...

Carol these are lovely, particular fav of mine is your first one...wow...this is going to be a lovely quilt..
blessings msamm

Sparky said...

Carol these are lovely, particular fav of mine is your first one...wow...this is going to be a lovely quilt..
blessings msamm

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo