Sunday, February 13, 2011

HAPPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone. Can you believe how fast the days are rolling by? I talked about this quilt before here  and here .  Now I’m showing you the full, finished quilt that I made for my great grandson. I’ve had such fun making this. As I said before, the idea for the creature came from something I saw on Gapingvoid.  I love his quirky drawings.

My great grandson definitely is my everything! I thought the scrappy look helped the “creature” stand out. Also, I figured that if I used scraps, there would not be any concern about how this quilt would be used or abused. It is meant to be enjoyed, and who cares if something is spilled on a scrap? Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day.

A Valentine's gift for youWAIT!  Before you go to Thrifty Ideas Today you should get a cup of coffee/tea and plan on spending some time at this site.  There are lots of good things to see!

PS:  Thanks to everyone for the well wishes on the loss of my beloved Sassy.  She meant the world to me and I will miss her terribly.  In fact, I'm surprised at how weepy I've been these past few days.  Your well wishes have helped me get through this.  Quilters are the best!

Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Where did you get the idea for the polka dot border? It is FANTASTIC!!! I LOVE how this quilt turned out! I hope you're happy with it. I think it is amazing!!!!

I hope you're doing okay with your loss of Sassy. I know it's so hard. I read your e-mail to me...I think some pets are just more special than others, for whatever reason. My Chelsea has been gone for 15 years, and every now and then when I talk about her, I still tear up. So, if you need to cry, you just gotta do it. I've cried over and over again about Pipes. Hang in there, Caroll. It will get easier, but you'll always miss her. That's only because you got to share a special kind of love with her, and that's a good thing.

Barb said...

Happy Valentines to you as well!!

Allie said...

Caroll I love this quilt so much - I love how you put the word Love in it - the polka dot border- the creature with the heart. Amazing!

Sweetie, you don't get over the loss of a loved one right away, and that's what our pets are. Our loved ones. Give yourself time, and permission to cry. Wish I could give you a great, big hug.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo