Monday, October 24, 2011

MODERN BLOCK MONDAY - BLOCK FIVE


It’s Modern Monday Block from Forty Two Quilts.  Above is block number five.  Once again , the dark fabric on my computer looks black or navy blue.  It is really a dark charcoal grey.   I have a full day tomorrow so am posting early.  I’m sure if you go over to Forty Two Quilts on Monday block number six will be posted.  I can’t wait.  These are so much fun.  Don't forget to hop over to Alamosa Quilter and see Lynn's block.  I love her modern style.

Don’t forget to look at the sidebar for all the fun classes being offered this week.  I notice Lee Ann has a bag class Saturday.   I looked at her samples in the Attic Window Quilt Shop, and wished I didn’t already  have plans.  Taking a class from Lee Ann is definitely on my list.
Wee Folk Art has a wonderful tutorial for a poinsettia garland.  You’ll want to make this one for the holidays.
Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Kimara said...

Thanks for the link :)It was fun spending a few minutes here wandering your shop. Wish I could have joined you for your make and take. Sounds like it was a hoot. The poinsettia garland was lots of fun to make and you can't believe how lovely it looks in person. Thanks again.

Fondly ~ Kimara

Allie said...

LOVE it! This is going to be a fabulous quilt, Caroll!

Lynn said...

I love your orange background! And the polka dots ... you know I can't resist a good dot!

Mama Pea said...

I love this! I truly love your color combo and all your fabrics. You are doing just a great job on it!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo