Friday, November 18, 2011

NEW CLASSES AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP


Teachers at the Attic Window Quilt Shop met last night to plan and schedule classes for the upcoming months and to show samples of their projects.  They have graciously let me give you a sneak peek.  Above is Buffie’s Foundation Piecing.  She has several different versions and this is a snippet from her I Spy Quilt. 
This is a small piece of Buffie’s Album quilt.  I’ll show all of Buffie’s quilts as we get closer to class time. 
 
This wool project is by new teacher, Teresa.  She was unable to attend the meeting, so I’ll try to get a picture of her soon.
Above, Carolyn has spread out some of her blocks to show us her new Stack & Whack project.  Watch for more pictures of the full projects as it gets closer to class time.  Look for the new schedule of classes and Newsletter which we hope to have out by the first of December.

Don’t forget that the Friday after Thanksgiving is the Early Bird Special and Sit and Stitch time at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  The shop will open at 7 a.m.  A make it and take it project will be available, as will donuts and snacks.   If you’d like to get away from the maddening crowds on Black Friday, come sit and sew with us.  You could finish up a UFO, work on a new project, or just enjoy visiting with your quilting friends.

 Christmas Craft Day is Saturday, November 26, from 9-5 at the shop.  Be sure an call to register for these fun projects. 

Are you ready for the holidays?  I’m listening to Christmas music and getting as excited as my great grandchildren.  I have a million things I want to make.  Each day I find a new project that keeps calling to me.  Like this one at Quilt Story.  This is a nice tutorial for a holiday Table runner. 

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

Allie said...

Wow will you be busy in the coming months, lol! Looks like you have some great classes scheduled. I haven't started listening to Christmas music yet, I keep forgetting it's playing! I hardly ever listen to the radio.
Thanks for the link to the table runner, I love it!

Barb said...

Lots of fun things going on over there!!

Lynn said...

I'm not even getting out Thanksgiving decorations this year. We are transitioning straight to Christmas from Halloween. Going to rehearsals for A Christmas Carol almost every night this month has put me in the mood early!

Mama Pea said...

I can't get excited for Christmas. Never can at this time. Too much to do! I'm about to start a stack ans whack. Can't wait!

Mama Pea said...

Looks like good stuff happening!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo