Sunday, November 13, 2011

ONE VISIT TO THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP


 I stopped in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop Saturday to pick up some border fabric for my latest project and found Pat Johnson also looking for fabric.  Above she graciously showed me her latest completed project that is ready for the quilter.  Pat said that this quilt is from the Primitive Gardens BOM that Colleen had at the shop earlier this year.   Nothing on this quilt is fused.  Pat did everything by hand and what a great job she did!  It is stunning!  Thanks Pat for sharing!
 
There was a lot going on at the shop Saturday.  Above Lee Ann instructs one of her students on the fine art of bag making.  I love Lee Ann’s bags.  Check on the sidebar for more of  Lee Ann's classes and for all the other fun classes coming up this week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  

After visiting the shop, I met Stephanie, a fellow quilter and blogger (Peas In A Pod).  Life has been rather hectic lately and it was great to sit and relax over over coffee and talk with a fellow quilter who has shared interests.  Don’t we live in a wonderful age?  If it weren’t for this electronic age I never would have met Stephanie and missed out on all the joy she brings to my life.

Speaking of this electronic age, check out Magnolia Bay Quilts.  Kim has the most interesting tutorial.  I can’t wait to try it as it looks like it is going to be so much fun and a great way to use those scraps.  Not only that, but I will be using my 60 deg. ruler and I love finding new uses for a tool that I already have.  I think I’ll try something small first, like a place mat or table topper. 
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

Karen said...

The quilt is wonderful. Just my style.

Barb said...

Wow....I love that quilt.....

Lynn said...

Pat's quilt is gorgeous! That triangle quilt looks very interesting. I may have to get out some scraps and give it a try.

Ivory Spring said...

That quilt is STUNNING!

Mama Pea said...

Aww, shucks. It was so great to see you. I haven't had a chance to blog about our meet up this weekend. It was all I could do to get my post up today! LOL. LOVED seeing you. It was the highlight of my weekend. Thanks for helping me slow down and relax for a bit.

By the way, the yarn store was great. Really enjoyed it and found some yarn I need for a project (and then some!). Hope all is well!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo