Saturday, January 7, 2012

READERS MAKE MY DAY!

Some of you may remember that a couple of years ago I offered free montly-redwork patterns on the blog.  The feature was usually of a cat.  I was so thrilled when Erika sent me this picture of the quilt she made using my patterns. (Click on the picture for a closer view.)   Erika says that about twelve years ago she and a friend decided to take a quilting class at the LQS.  Her first project was a Mariner’s Compass.  Talk about jumping in with both feet!  But that did not discourage her.  She said they had loads of fun and that she’s been quilting off and on since. 
Erika said she happened upon my blog one day and saw the cat pattern.  She loves cats.  The patterns  made her think of “Katze” a cat that adopted her about three and a half years ago.  Erika said she also loves painting, embroidery, crewel work, doll making, beading, needle felting, etc.  However, quilting is right up there at the top of her list for now.

 She lives in upstate New York and last summer finally built a studio.  Oh, how I envy this woman.  Erika says that Katze is her constant companion and they both are enjoying the huge windows with all that natural light in her new studio. 

Erika thank you so much for making my day.  It did my heart good to see a completed quilt using my designs.  Later this year Barb and I will be posting more free patterns that can be used for applique or red work.  Stay tuned for future details.

PS:  The above close ups are of pictures that were on my blog.  I wanted you to see some of the detail that is in Erika's quilt.  If anyone wants all of the patterns, just send me an email or leave a comment.

Take a look at Aby Quilt and see what your quilter’s brain looks like. 

Do you like dolls?  Love Laugh Quilt has a tutorial for a darling doll. 
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

9 comments:

Linda said...

What a very sweet story!!! I'm sure it is a thrill to see your work enjoyed!!! It's a gorgeous pattern, Caroll!!! I can understand why it made your day. :-)

Lynn said...

Great patterns and adorable quilt!

Barb said...

Love your design and it is certainly a compliment when someone does appreciate your work by making it.

beth said...

Thanks for giving me a plug! Did you make a doll?? I'd love to see it. Your redwork pattern looks amazing. ;)

Allie said...

She did a beautiful job!! I still have those patterns, Caroll, waiting for me to get to them - yes, I'm that far behind. I think they're just darling!

Elisa (AKA scrapcat) said...

Cats and embroidery!!! That's me! Caroll, please send them to me! Too fabulous!

tink's mom said...

Caroll,

This is so cool. I started to wonder around blog land in April of the year you did these. I have April to Decemeber. Missing January to March. I tried to find them by calling the store but they told me I could only get them on line. I didn't know they were your design. So I would love to take you up on the offer of getting the missing blocks. I pull them out periodically and wish I had the full set, now I will. tee, hee, tee, hee.

Mama Pea said...

Caroll, OMGosh! You designed those blocks?! I love them! And how cool to have someone finish it and send it to you. Well you know I'm not a cat lover, but Sweet Pea sure is. Maybe you'll have to send those to me so I can make it for her someday! :-) Very cool.

momto1 said...

I'd love those patterns! They're adorable!

I'm working my way through your blog. You're so creative!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo