Saturday, March 31, 2012

GRANNY SQUARES GO MODERN

One last post for this week.  I wanted to show you what I did with those three Granny Squares I blogged about earlier.  I made them into this table runner for my DIL.  I chose this picture because it shows the quilting. (Click on the picture for a larger view)  I did straight line quilting, which turned out to be a bit more of a challenge than I anticipated.  Maybe it is larger than the other pieces I have used this kind of quilting on, but even though I spray basted AND pinned, I still managed to get some puckers in the back.  (And, No, I didn’t take a picture of that!)  Anyway, from the front I don’t think it looks too bad. 

There is a lot going on at the Attic Window tomorrow.  Buffie has a paper piecing class and Lee Ann has a bag making class.   This dreary weather we are having in Michigan has me needing a pick up!  How about you?  I think the cure for rainy weather blues it a stop in at the shop and pick up some of those beautiful new fabrics that have just arrived.  Hope to see you there!

Diary of a Quilter has a Star Quilt Block Tutorial.

Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

tink's mom said...

I love the way the table runner came out. Great use of the blocks. While I'm here I want to thank you for all of the great links you provide. Lots of great blogs and ideas I would never have know about.

Lynn said...

Lovely! Hope you have a great time at the bag class with Stephanie. My copy of the pattern and the hardware kit arrived today.

Mama Pea said...

Your table runner turned out great! I like it a lot!

It was great seeing you today. Next time, maybe we can sit together. :-)

Big hugs. Meant to tell you to say hi to your mom for me. Hope she is doing well.

Mama Pea said...

By the way, you know that BOM I told you to keep me posted on? :-) (thanks for doing that)....I'm really interested in using that linen she was using, too!

Allie said...

I LOVE this Caroll! You did a great job! The quilting is wonderful. How close did you put the pins? For close straight line quilting, I use a ton of pins....that should have done the trick.

Terry said...

Your granny squares look wonderful! I love the quilting, and who will ever care about a few little puckers! LOL

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo