Monday, June 4, 2012

MODERN MONDAY QUILT ALONG


It’s Modern Monday Quilt Along time again.  This week’s block was named Kansas Dugout.  I call my version “Road to Nowhere.”  I don’t know what happened.  I increased the sizes of the pieces we were to cut by half an inch and still, when I was at the final step I discovered that the block was not large enough.  So, I added a couple wonky gray pieces on each side and figure it will do.  Once it is mixed in with the other blocks no one will know that this is Road To Nowhere instead of Kansas Dugout, will they?  ;o)

Anyway, go over and see what Lynn, the Alamosa Quilter, did for her block this week.  What do you want to bet it doesn’t look anything like the Road to Nowhere?  Then go check out Jennifer has in store for us this week.

If you are not into wonky, you might like this Butterfly Carnival Quilt by Kona Bay Studios.


Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Caroll, I love this block! Road to Nowhere is a great name!

Allie said...

I REALLY like this block Caroll, I think I'd call it Prairie Road - it does look like a road going off into the distance!

Mama Pea said...

That is so cool, and aptly named! I think it's really neat!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo