Thursday, August 16, 2012

DO YOU PLAN TO ATTEND AQS NEXT WEEK?

The AQS Quilt Show and Contest is being held at DeVos Place Convention Center here in Grand Rapids, MI August 22-25.  If you plan to attend, you are going to want to stop by the Attic Window Quilt Shop booth and check out all the fabrics, patterns, and kits.  Above is this cute wool and cotton wallhanging, just one of many different kits available!
These darling mats are also available in kits.  Glenys made up these samples so you can see how darling they are and get a head start on those Halloween projects!
Barb David made up this applique tulips wallhanging sample.  Think Christmas! Pick up a kit now and get started on those gifts.
When I stopped in at the shop today, Chris was getting things ready to take down to the show.  Above are baskets of fat quarter bundles.  What a selection!
These are pillowcase kits.  You are gonna love these fabric combinations.
Above are a couple child size pillowcases made up.  What kid wouldn't love one of these.
 These are new fabrics just in at the store. I'm sorry that I forgot to get the name and manufacturer.  So, you'll just have to stop by the booth at the show and check out these bundles.  Bundles are available in one yard cuts, one half yard cuts, and quarter yard cuts.  

Kits are also available for kids size quilts.  Look at these fabrics.  I love the pink with the elephants!
Kits are also available for this darling pincushion.  I like the size and it looks like it will be easy to make.  
Kits will also be available for this cute little snowman and for....
This snowman wallhanging.  They are adorable, and would make nice gifts.  I like to pick up kits like this at these shows.  You have everything you need to make a project or gift, and don't have to worry about if you have enough of this or that.  Also, kits are usually less expensive and much easier to carry around while at the show.  Hope to see you there!

I almost forgot: Very Kerry Berry has a nice tutorial for a friendship pillow.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Carol,
All your kits look fantastic. I wish you well during the show.

Any tips on where to park during the show. The last time I went down to the Home and Garden show I could not find any parking anywhere so we turned around and came home. I am worried I will not find any parking at the quilt show either??/ Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Hugs Judy

PS, will there be any stitching at the shop on Wed. evening??

Mama Pea said...

Chris looks really well prepared. I hope I get time to stop by. I know my little girl would love those pillow cases!

Allie said...

I really wish I could go!!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo