Thursday, August 23, 2012

FINISHED AT LAST!

I can’t remember exactly but I think I started this quilt sometime during the fall of 2010.  At least I know I posted about a block here and it is the first block I made in this quilt.  My Whimsical Quilt Garden is by Becky Goldsmith & Linda Jenkins for Piece O/ Cake Designs.  I’m thrilled to say that it is finally finished.  Well, really, I had it finished all but for a couple of the balls in the border.  I finally got it out, did the hand sewing required, made my sandwich (I already had the backing for it…and guess what, the backing was actually with the top! )  So I put everything on the frame and quilted it.  I’m so happy with how it turned out.  You can see it at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Following are close ups of some of the blocks. 




I took this close up to show you the balls on the border.  When Becky Goldsmith showed this quilt (or a smaller version of it) at our local quilt guild, it had a different border.  You can see that quilt here.   But I really like the balls!

Now I have to get back to Aunt Millie’s Garden.  I have a little more to do on that one though, so it may take a while. 

Did you see this? Sew Many Ways shows you how to make a darling sachet out of an old dryer sheet.  Check it out.

ATTENTION: I'm linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict today.  Check out who else is linking.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

14 comments:

Terry said...

Congratulations! It's a beautiful quilt! :0)

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Caroll,Congratulation on finishing your quilt. Your quilt is bright, happy and and very lovely. What a fantastic job you did in creating it. Hugs Judy

Karen said...

Good for you sticking with it and coming to a finish. Definitely a whimsical look as the pattern name indicates.

Allie said...

*gasp* Oh Caroll this is fantastic!!!! I actually have this pattern, and you're making me want to pull it out and get busy - I love this quilt so much, you did a gorgeous job!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's just about the cutest thing i've ever seen!! So bright and cheerful!

paulette said...

She's a beauty!! So bright and happy!
P

Barb said...

Your quilt is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stinking adorable!!!!

Patty said...

Well, when you get tired of this one, I will be happy to catch it. Just toss it my way. LOL Very pretty.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

So cute. I have this pattern but haven't done anything with it but a small wall hanging for a friend.

Ivory Spring said...

Caroll, your quilt is out of this world! I so love it!!! You did a marvelous job.

That applique pattern you asked about is here:
http://ivoryspring.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/americana-florals-in-the-quilters-january-2011/

Have a great weekend.

Mama Pea said...

I love the border!!!!! I love the quilt! Wow! Good for you!

Did I see this hanging in the Attic Window's booth at AQS??? I saw it hanging there and almost asked if it was yours. But then I thought, "Surely I would have seen it on her blog!" It is just fantastic. You have a longarm???

Vicky F said...

Hi Caroll,
Yes, I too saw it hanging at the Attic Window booth at AQS. I couldn't get up close (booth was packed at the time), but I was sure it was yours because of the border treatment.
Great job! Now everyone is going to ask for a kit for it!!
Vicky F

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Caroll, I checked out the original quilt and I have to say I love yours about 20x more! I really like Becky Goldsmith and also have the Aunt Millie's Garden pattern, but I like the colors in your quilt and the white background. The border is just lovely, thanks for sharing those pictures! I was hopping over from confessions of a fabric addict. :)

Jeanne said...

I love this whimsical quilt! You did wonderful work making it. How exciting to have it at the shop, too.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo