Friday, August 3, 2012

REINDEER GAMES #7

It’s THAT Friday again….time for Reindeer Games.  I worked all week and finally finished the hand quilting and the binding for my wall-hanging.  I want to give you a hint:  BUY FABRIC, and PLENTY OF IT. When I decided to put the blocks together I had no idea how much sashing fabric I would need, and not even thinking about binding, I put the quilt together.  Yesterday when I decided to get around to the binding, I discovered I needed more fabric and ran up to the Attic Window Quilt Shop to get some more.  It was all gone!  Ugh!  Will I ever learn?  I ended up getting a green that matched the small green flower in the red sashing.  I suppose it will work.  I’ll show you the completed wall-hanging at the end of our Games.  Today I’m posting the pattern for Blitzen.  You may get the pattern here
 This is my applique version.  I think I must have taken this picture before I finished adding the mouth.  Now hop over to Barb’s blog and see her appliqué version.  I thought she said she might do Blitzen too, but as I recall I don’t think her Blitzen is the same as mine.  Barb is also having a great give-away, so be sure and sign up for that.

Attention-Happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop:
Special Sale on Clearance Fabrics
50-75% off all clearance fabrics during the month of August.

Big Fat Quarter Sale • Wed., August 1-Sat., August 4
All precut fat quarters in store only $1.00 to $2.00 each. Buy 10 at the regular price and get 2 FREE!

Month of August and September
- Sign up for a class and receive a coupon for 1/2 off your second class, good until December 31, 2012. (excludes BOMs, and special events)

More reminders:


The AQS Quilt Show and Contest is being held at DeVos Place Convention Center here in Grand Rapids, MI August 22-25. 

The West Michigan Quilters’ Guild, “Quilts on the Grand” show is October 5-7 at the DeltaPlex Arena.  Mark your calendar now!


Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Best SEO Web Services said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Pea said...

So, so cute! Isn't that the way it goes? Well, often that works to your advantage and you find something that's better than you thought it could be. :-)

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo