Tuesday, May 28, 2013

ARE YOU LEADING A MAYBE KIND OF LIFE?

I realized quite early this morning that I lead a maybe kind of life.  Probably the commercial was running around in the back of my head, but that thought occurred to me as I tried to organize my day.  First I thought, maybe I’ll bind my tea leaf quilt.  Realizing that I had no idea what I would use for binding, I looked around my sewing room.
Maybe I’ll bind the Aunt Millie’s quilt.  I must have seen something shiny because before I knew it I thinking about something else.  (For you who wonder about that shiny comment…watch Finding Nemo).
 Maybe I’ll put the sashing on some of my scrap blocks.  Then again, maybe not.
 Maybe I’ll make my sampler blocks for the class on Saturday.  Why do I always wait till the last minute?  Well, it’s not the last minute yet!
 Maybe I’ll clean this sewing table so I can do something.  Honestly, who can work in this mess! 
 Then again, maybe I’ll shorten these straps on this bag I made last week in Lee Ann’s class.  Then again, once I do that I’ll have to figure out how I can get that thick bulk under my sewing needle so I can sew that seam around the top.

Good grief, it’s way too early in the morning to do all this stressful contemplating.  I need a cup of coffee, coffee with caffeine, coffee with….is there such a thing as a coffee mimosa?  (just kidding)  I’m going to get to work soon.  Really!

ON ANOTHER NOTE:  Get ready for the Independence Day now.  Mels Own Place has a tutorial for Long May She Wave.  And, With Heart And Hands has lots of free patriotic patterns. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

7 comments:

Anne D said...

That is so me, it is scary. I am completely hopeless and I think maybe I will write a to do list in order of importance.

Lynn said...

How did you sneak into my house and get a picture of my sewing table? LOL!

dortha said...

In the movie Up dogs see or are told there are squirrels and they get sidetracked. Very good movie. I see squirrels. Sometimes it is better to not have a choice. I enjoy reading your posts.

bobbi said...

Only difference on my table...I have a set of centimeter rulers mixed in with the Inch ones...and I don´t have an orange Frixion yet. *grins*
Maybe I´ll manage to quilt all my wedding ring blocks today...or at least some of them. :o)
Happy stitching and hugs Caroll!
Bobbi

Denice Barker said...

AAhhhhh. Only ONE MORE DAY and I will be leading a "maybe" kind of life. Can't wait! But I'll have to organize my "maybe-s"

Nancy Page said...

Looks like me!! So many things to do that I don't know where to start! Hope the coffee helped and you got lots done! Love all your projects, so bright and fun!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Mama Pea said...

Sounds and looks like me. And part of my problem is that to go through my fabric to find the binding fabric is a whole lot of effort. It requires moving lots of things around. It's easier to go get some new fabric. LOL. So, I do nothing.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo