Tuesday, July 16, 2013

HAPPY SCRAPPERS HAVE FUN AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP


The Happy Scrappers met last Saturday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  A fun time was had by all.  Above are Jana Lee’s focus paper pieced squares.  Aren’t they adorable?  Note the PS I love you on the top square!
It was a large group Saturday.  I love it when quilters get together.  Lots of giggles and fun stories.
No, this is not Jana Lee doing the happy dance.  It is Jana Lee doing a yoga pose. I won’t tell you what conversation precipitated it.  You will have to go to Stephanie’s blog to read about that.  I don’t know when she will be posting so keep checking her blog or keep watch for updates from Peas In A Pod on my sidebar.  As I said, a fun time was had by all.
Stephanie joined us and it was so good to see her again.  Above Stephanie (from Peas In A Pod) shows us the little over the shoulder bag she made for a teenager.  She had this simple little bag finished before noon!
Here is a close up of this cute bag with a zipper in the front and a pocket in the back.  Any teenager would love to have a bag like this!
Judy F. made these bow tie blocks.  They are all done by hand.
 
Judy also made these fantastic pieces.  It amazes me how she can do such intricate work on these small items.  They are for a little sewing pouch that she has.
Vickie D. was working on this beautiful flag quilt. It is all hand stitched.  
Paula was working on this All Stars quilt by Cozy Quilt Designs.  The fabrics she has chosen for this quilt are superb.
Above Paula auditions fabrics for the borders.  
Peggy shows us the table topper she made while at the Bee.  The pattern is Uneven Nine Patch.  What a lovely table topper.
Last but not least is Adirenne’s quilt.  I showed you a picture when I posted about last Wednesday’s Bee.  She’s making progress.  Note the tub of strips she still has left!
I had to show you this.  At the end of the day, Adrienne gets into her little MG and tools off.  Above she is loading up her car.
Note the cute sticker on the side (left) and her license plate!  MGA 4 ME.  
Here she is heading out.   Don’t you just love this?  I bet she and her husband have a great time on those road trips with their MG car club.
 
That’s all for today folks!
 
ON ANOTHER NOTECraft Buds has a tutorial for a square in a square paper piecing block.  I think I’ll have to try this.
 
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Mary said...

You always look like you have a great time. Love it.

Lynn said...

What a great group of talented ladies! That bag Stephanie made looks very similar to the one my mom and I made on her last visit.

Nancy Page said...

Love your Happy Scrappers! They come up with some great things. Love the little MG. Thank you for sharing and thank you for your recent links. They always have something interesting.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Mama Pea said...

That was a fun day. I had a great time. My goodness I need to lose weight. I love Jenna Lee's blocks!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo