Wednesday, July 10, 2013

HAPPY SCRAPPERS HAVE LOTS TO SHARE

The Happy Scrappers met Wednesday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  This is one busy group and I have lots to show you.  Above Judi A. shows us a wallhanging that she made a few years ago.  She said she took a thread painting class from Pam Leeman and this is all done free motion.
This is a close-up.  Isn’t it awesome!
Rosa was using these colorful fabrics to make the 10-minute block quilt for her husband.
Above Rosa shows us how she will turn down the center square of the block.  I can’t wait to see it because these fabrics, which she said her husband picked out, are fantastic!
Marilyn stopped by to do some work and showed us this Jelly Roll Race quilt that she had just finished.  Sorry I didn’t get the name of the Jelly Roll.  I love these fabrics.
Peggy was working on this scrappy quilt.  She was just finishing attaching the last border when I left, so I hope I can get a picture of the entire quilt next month.  What a great way to use up those scraps!
Adrienne came into the shop with a big washtub full of pink strips.  She said she was surprised when she started pulling pink fabrics because she didn’t realize she had so many.  She worked diligently all day making these beautiful blocks.  She generously shared some of those strips with me for a new project I’m working on.  Seeing her beautiful pink quilt gave me an idea.  I have tons of blue fabrics and think I’ll start pulling and cutting them into strips for a quilt.
Yvonne shows us the two focus square log cabin paper pieced blocks she made today.  Aren’t they darling!  I bet a grandchild is going to be thrilled when he starts checking out the cute little centers of this quilt.
Darla W. came into the shop just as I was leaving.   She was attending the Knotty Girls Stitching Bee.  I would like to have stayed, but was just too tired after being at the Happy Scrappers all day.  However, before I left, I did manage to convince Darla to share her quilt with us.  Above is her Funky Flowers quilt.  This pattern is a mixture of appliqué and piecing and is from The Stitch Connection.  Isn’t it beautiful!

ON ANOTHER NOTERedfly Creations has a three-in-one beach towel tote that would be a great gift at this time of year.  

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Nancy Page said...

You ladies are up to your usual fantastic creativity! Love it all! Well done, Great work! Thank you for sharing, always love to see your bright and cheery work.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Mama Pea said...

Oh, what nice stuff! I really like Adrienne's and Yvonne's blocks!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo