Monday, July 29, 2013

IT'S TRUE PRACTICE DOES MAKE YOU BETTER!

Surprise!  I finished this month’s Sampler Blocks ahead of time.  No more of that last minute squeeze trying to get the blocks made before the first Saturday of the month.  This month I’ll be able to show all three of my blocks.  And, sorry if I seem like I'm bragging, but I’m pretty proud of them too.
Look at this!  When I first saw this pattern I just shook my head thinking, “I’m not doing this one.”  However, it has rained for the past three days, and when I finished the large block I figured why not give it a try.  I have a terrible time with piecing, and I can’t tell you how surprised I was when this block came out without a hitch!
I was so enthused that I took the block that I really messed up last month and re-did it.  I felt so dumb when I finished the first block for this month and wondered why I didn’t do the center for last month’s block the same way as this one.  So I found my discarded pieces that I swore would not fit, re-sewed them the way I should have done in the first place, and fixed the block.  Sure looks a lot better than before when I blogged about it here

How about the rest of you who are taking part in the New Sampler Series at the Attic Window Quilt Shop?  Do you have your blocks finished?

ON ANOTHER NOTE: Debby Kratovil Quilts has a free Fractured Jewels pattern.  I bet this would be fun to make with scraps too.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

Terry said...

Your blocks look wonderful! Good for you not giving up on them! :0)

Lynn said...

They look fabulous!

Allie said...

I don't ever want to hear you say you have trouble piecing again - Caroll, these are FABULOUS. I am SO impressed!!

Denice Barker said...

It's interesting how things scare us away! I would have looked at those and said the same thing you did. I love appliqué (by hand, needle turn) so those little pieces would do me in! congratulations! bungee jumping next?

Mama Pea said...

Both look really great! Man, that first one is really tough (or at least it looks like it!).

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo