“Dear Caroll, I made this quilt for you quite some time ago…back when your DIL was dying. I wanted to do something for you. I had it all done except for the binding and I couldn’t decide how to finish it. I finally decided to face it instead of binding it and got it done. I’m sorry it is so far past the time when it would be appropriate. I hope you like it.”
Stephanie goes on to say, “It is called “Above the Red Line” and is meant to help you keep your thoughts positive. It was inspired by your blog post, wherein you described your pastor’s sermon about keeping thoughts “above the red line”…i.e., positive.”
This quilt couldn’t have come at a more appropriate time as my thoughts about my DIL have been a bit negative. I've been beating myself up with thoughts of ...I should have done more...Maybe if I’d done this I could have been more help...Maybe if I’d done that….(you get the picture).
“I made the part above the red line bigger to signify more thoughts being positive.” (Stephanie later told me that she thought the red was too bright. To me it is perfect because I need bright to draw my attention and remind me where my thoughts should be.) “The straight line quilting is supposed to signify straight thinking. The part below the line is smaller (fewer negative thoughts), and the wacky quilting signifies negative thinking"
DON’T FORGET: Tall Pine Quilters Fall Quilt Show is Friday, October 18, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, October 19, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the All Saints Church Hall, 500 Iroquois Drive, Fremont, MI. Admission is $4 which covers the two-day event. Vendors will include the Attic Window Quilt Shop.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
- The Shop Swap Days with the Attic Window and Quilted Memories sharing in the swap will be held Sunday, Oct. 20 from 1-5, and Sunday, Oct. 27 from 1-5.
- Fall Clean-up Sale will be Friday, October 25th from 10-8 and again Saturday, October 26 from 10-5. Sale fabrics, books and patterns will be up to 75% off.
- The First Annual Jingle Bell Hop will be Monday, Nov. 11 through Saturday, Nov. 16. The four shops participating are Attic Window, Pressing Matters, Custom Quilts Unlimited, and Queen Bee.
- Black Friday Stitch-In will be held Friday, Nov. 28, starting at 8 a.m.
- Craft Day will be held Saturday, Nov. 29, from 9 – 5. Join us and make some fun Christmas gifts early. Four to five projects are being planned for the day. Class time is free but there will be a small fee for project kits.
Until next time,
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!