Friday, February 7, 2014

BORED? MAKE HSTs...LOTS OF THEM

Just a quick note to let you know that I haven’t been sitting around whistling Dixie while snowbound.  I love scrap quilting and I’ve been making strip blocks.  I love the one above.
I liked that block so much and it was difficult, but I made two half square triangles out of it. You’d never know these were from the same block.
I made lots of HST and came up with this.
This is a closer look at a couple of the blocks.  I figure this is a good time to make some charity quilts.  I hope these bright colors will cheer up someone.

DON’T FORGET
  • The Heart of Winter Tour is February 8th.  Call the shop to make your reservation as space is limited and the bus is filling up fast!
  • The Happy Scrappers will NOT meet this Saturday, February 8th as scheduled due to the Heart of Winter Bus Tour.  However, we will be meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 12th, and on Saturday, Feb. 15th.  Don’t forget to bring things for show-n-tell.
ON ANOTHER NOTE: S.O.T.A.K Handmade has another way to use those scraps.  Here is a tutorial for a darling patchwork trivet.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, I just love this scrappy quilt....you certainly did not let the snow melt under your feet!!

Lin's Quilts said...

Very nice use of scraps. It looks so crisp! The colors!
Fun quilt.
linsquilts.blogspot.com

Bev said...

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog (Blogging Inspiration). I saw you were in my hometown and wanted to say hi! I absolutely love the beautiful colors of your quilt strips. We've certainly had a rough winter so far and you've made the best of it in a beautiful way :)

Ruth said...

What a great way to make HST's from scraps. The ideas to make some and use them are coming fast to my mind. Thanks for sharing your good idea.

Lin's Quilts said...

I recently found your blog and have been enjoying, and following it. I have been to Attic Windows several years ago. I live between Mt Pleasant and Big Rapids. There aren't any quilt shops near here. I went to Attic Windows today because of you. They showed me a pic of you.
I will probably be mentioning Attic Windows in a future post. Ok with you? I will mention your blog as well.
linsquilts.blogspot.com

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo