Thursday, February 27, 2014

MODERN BEE HAS INITIAL MEETING

Those interested in creating a Modern Bee at the Attic Window Quilt Shop met Wednesday at the shop for a short organizational meeting, which I found informative and exciting.  Since most of us are relatively new to modern quilting we didn’t have anything to share.  However, Marti K. came prepared and showed us this beautiful quilt.  This is her first quilt, by the way.  Can you believe it!  She did a beautiful job. 
This is the back of the quilt.  If this is her first quilt, I can’t wait to see what develops as we get our Bee up and running.  Anyone interested in participating in the Modern Bee please come and join us on the fourth Wednesday of the month from 10 – 5.  Note: you need not stay the entire day if you don't want to, but we’d like you to come spend what time with us that you can.
Today I was scheduled to attend a class at the shop.  I had my pattern, fabric cut, and everything ready for a productive day.  Then I got up to a blizzard swirling through western Michigan.  Ugh.  I was filled with mixed emotions when I received a call to tell me the class was cancelled.  I was thankful for the cancellation as I didn’t think I’d be able to get out of my drive, much less make it to the shop.  However, I was really looking forward to the class.  So, all primed to sew, I went to my studio and made my sampler block.  How wonderful not to be making this block at 9 on a Friday night to get it finished for the Saturday class, which is usually the case.  This block was not easy for me.  Piecing is not my best talent.  However, I took it slow and easy and followed Vickie’s directions which she gave me when she recently visited.  I don’t think it turned out too bad.  How about you?  Do you have your Sampler block finished?

UP COMING EVENTS AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP:
  • 7th ANNUAL SPRING FLING SHOP HOP, March 28th through April 5th.  Six west Michigan shops are included with giveaways at each shop.  Passports can be purchased for $5 at any shop.  Visit the shop to sign up for a drawing and receive a free pattern.  At the end of the shop hop there will be a drawing for a sewing machine from completed passports.  Participating shops are:  Attic Window Quilt Shop; Calico Creations (South Haven); Custom Quilts Unlimited (Fennville); Pressing Matters Quilt Shoppe (Holland); Queen Bee Quilt Shoppe (Grand Rapids); So South Haven (South Haven). 

ON ANOTHER NOTE
BOM Quilts has a free pattern for a table runner.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Sorry you are stuck at home - AGAIN! Your block turned out great though.

Lynn

Barb said...

lovely quilt, stay warm!!

Nancy Page said...

Congratulations on your modern quilt guild!! Your will love it! Great fun and many learning opportunities. Love the quilts you have shown here, well done ladies. So sorry to hear of yet another blizzard. Spring is coming soon even though it doesn't feel like it.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo