Monday, June 22, 2015

DO YOU LIKE PIECING?

Above is the block I just finished for the Modern Bee Hive that I belong to.  The pattern is Stacked Windmills and is in the book Modern Bee.  Annie is the Queen Bee this month.
As you may know, I’m not too fond of piecing, but I join these groups so I will be forced to increase my skills.  Above I did a lot of cutting.
Then a lot of trimming.
Then I carefully placed the blocks as shown in the picture in the book.  I’m sure this will be no surprise, but even after I placed everything as it should be, I still messed up and had to un-stitch on one row.  I guess I should be thankful it was only one row!  Anyway, I’m glad I made this block.  It does give me more self-confidence when I look at it.  In the first picture it looks like a seam is not straight, so I ran to my sewing room to check, thinking I would have to do more un-stitching.  Fortunately, it must have been the way I smoothed the block (I should have ironed it) that gave it that curved look.  I just hope Annie likes it.

THIS WEEK’S SPECIAL AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP 
  • Patterns are on special this week. 
  • All sale patterns are an extra 20 % off sale price. 
  • All other patterns are 15% off. 
  • Our row by row kits are $10
DON’T FORGET:
  • Applique Bee, Tuesday, June 23
  • Mod Squad, Wednesday, June 24
  • Knotty Girls, Wednesday, June 24
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, June 25
  • Kids Quilts, Friday, June 26
  • Scrappers School House, Saturday, June 27
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
♥ Caroll,
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Lynn said...

You did a great job! It sure is an interesting block pattern.

Mama Pea said...

I like piecing. That's the kind of block I would love. :-) You did a fantastic job!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo