Cathy held up a sample of the block we will be working on this month. It is Recipe 20 on page 60 of the Quilt Block Cookbook by Amy Gibson. Cathy assured us that there is no paper piecing or difficult squares in this one. She did tell us that we should be mindful when making the three strip squares. There are two different sizes of white strips. Otherwise, this block should be a snap which is great because we only have three weeks to get this block made.
DON'T FORGET: Cookbook BOM members, due to the holidays the meeting Wednesday was really the December meeting. We will meet again on Wednesday, January 25, 2017, at 11 a.m. at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. ALSO: If you ever have any problems making a block you can come to the shop on the second Wednesday, and/or the second Saturday of every month. Cathy and/or I will be there to help in any way we can. Sometimes it helps to see a demo.
Happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop
- Sampler and Tuesday Bee, Tuesday, Jan. 10
- EPP, Tuesday, Jan. 10, 1 p.m.
- Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, Jan. 11, 10-4
- Doll Bee, Thursday, Jan. 12
- UFO, Friday, Jan. 13
- Happy Scrappers, Saturday, Jan. 14
- Heart of Winter Tour, Saturday, Feb. 11. See previous post for information. Make your reservation NOW!
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
- This isn't quilt related but I'm thinking of the birds at this time of year when it is so cold and snowy. Make Your Own Zone has a tutorial for making a homemade birdseed cake. Check it out.
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles