Tuesday, January 9, 2018

WHAT WE DO FOR OUR LOVED ONES

Before I leave the year behind, I want to show you this quilt that I made for my grand daughter for Christmas. Not the sort of thing I'm used to doing, but it did have some applique so that made it more enjoyable.  Besides, when a loved one asks me to make her a quilt, it thrills me.  Problem solved I know just what to do for Christmas.  I couldn't find a pattern that didn't have lots of itty bitty pieces involved, so the design is mine, wasn't difficult, but I copied the Spartan Head from a flag my daughter had.
 This is a close up of the quilting.
Another close up of the quilting.  My grand daughter is tall and my daughter kept telling me to make the quilt bigger.  It ended up too big for my small short arm so I had Mary Gee quilt it.  I think she did a tremendous job.  And my grand daughter loved the quilt.  Makes my heart sing.
DON'T FORGET to sign up for the Heart of Winter Tour bus trip.  You can read about it here.  I'm really looking forward to visiting the four shops on the tour.
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, Jan. 10
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Jan 11
  • Stitch-In, Friday, Jan 12
  • Happy Scrappers, Saturday, Jan. 13
  • Heart of Winter Tour, Saturday, Feb. 10
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Creatin' in the Sticks is blogging 30 blocks in 30 days.  There is a tutorial for each one.  The plan is to have an entire quilt at the end of 30 days. 
Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh wow that is stunning, what a gorgeous job you did Caroll! I can see why she was thrilled! Mary did a great job on the quilting too!

Denice Barker said...

Really beautiful! And this is coming from a Notre Dame family! The way you handled the borders to male it 'tall' fits right in!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo