Tuesday, February 13, 2018

HAVE YOU TRIED THESE PATTERNS?

I've been sewing along with Katja's Rainy Days and Sun Days quilt along.  I'm a little behind because I think this is the block for January. She already has three March blocks up for us to do.  I better get busy.  You can read about it on Katja's website here.  The book Distinctive Dresdens is available at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  You can read more about it here and see the table runner that I made last year.

Instead of doing the EPP, however, I've been busy cutting scraps into 2 1/2 inch squares. Tomorrow the Happy Scrappers meet at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I'm going to make the Nine-Patch/Snowball Quilt.  I like doing mindless sewing when I'm with that group.  They are so much fun and I don't want to miss anything because I'm concentrating!  (smile)  You can get the tutorial here.

NOTICE:  The Happy Scrappers who usually meet the second Saturday of the month, will be meeting on the third Saturday this month due to the Heart of Winter Tour.  The Wednesday group will meet as usual on the second Wednesday of the month, Feb. 14th.

AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, Feb. 14
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Feb. 15
  • Intermediate Quilting, Thursday, Feb. 15
  • Beginning Hand Applique, Friday, Feb. 16
  • Stitch-In, Friday, Feb. 16
  • Happy Scrappers, Saturday, Feb. 17
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Quilt n Party has a tutorial for an interesting block that I'd like to try.
Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

2 comments:

bobbi said...

That´s funny Caroll--I´ve been cutting 2.5-inch squares on this side of the planet too...after the larger bits (heart pillow pieces, 5.5, 4,5 and 3,5-inch squares I´m also collecting). Always some strips left over and 2ish-inch squares for the hexie box. Plenty of mindless sewing opportunities here, if you´re ever in my neighborhood! LOL Have fun with all your happy scrappers and hugs from Germany! Bobbi

Annie said...

I had to refresh my memory on that scrappy snowball quilt. Ah, yes, love that design. And made scrappy, it is a delight. I want to make one every time I see it. But the pieces would have to be larger for me. I’d never finish it if I used such small squares. It’s doable though and I’m thinking about it. For now I’ll add it to the list of many. It’s fun to look through my Pinterest list of quilt inspirations.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo