Sunday, April 1, 2018

WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR SCRAPS

This quilt is my latest finish and will be donated to the Charity group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  It is made all from scraps.  Took me forever to cut those 2 1/2" squares.  And I still have a ton of them left.
 And it barely made a dent in this scrap pile.  I hate to throw fabric out, consequently I save every little scrap.  Since I do applique, I might need that little piece for a flower or leaf.
However, this weekend I decided these scraps are getting out of control.  I had to do something.  So I sorted a few by color and...
...made these two blocks for another charity quilt.  I love making fabric!  And I love sewing.  I find it relaxes me.  Sewing keeps me sane and has helped me through many a difficult time. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend.  I'm off to tackle that scrap pile.

AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Charity Quilts, Monday, April 2
  • Bee, Tuesday, April 3
  • Beginning Quilting, Wednesday, April 4
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, April 5
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Here's another way to use your scraps.  Bloomin' Workshop has a tutorial for you. 
Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

3 comments:

Warm Quilts said...

You've created some beautiful creations from your scrap pile!

Denice Barker said...

Sorting by color is a huge first step and I know what you mean about saving scraps! Fabric is so expensive it's hard to let any of it go. I could send my grand daughters over...they'll make good use of it! But then again, you would have en even bigger mess.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Well done Caroll!!! That's beautiful! And I love your color blocks from scraps!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo