Thursday, July 19, 2018

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO YOU?

 I was so excited when I saw a poinsettia table runner during a recent shop hop. I thought I'd make it as a sample for the Attic Window Quilt Shop. The pattern is free from So Sew Easy on Craftsy.  I figured it would be a snap to make.  Easy peasy.  Wrong!
I don't know what I did, but apparently something happened because my circles were not the same size so when I put the circles together to make the flower, my points came out like this.  Yikes!  I either made a mistake during cutting (I cut two circles at once) or I forgot to position my needle at the same place when sewing.
I was going to take it all apart, then figured I'd just use this one for my table and stitch up another one, making sure I cut correctly and my needle was in the correct place when I sewed.  The pattern really is easy and it is free on Craftsy.  Check it out.

STITCH-IN
  • Stitch-In, Friday & Saturday, July 20 & 21.  COME JOIN IN THE FUN AND LEARN CHRIS'S SCRAP BUSTER TECHNIQUE!
  • A reader asked about what to bring so, this is what I would do:  Bring regular sewing supplies, sewing machine and a project you want to work on that day.  And bring lots of scraps so you can try out the Scrap Buster Technique.  It's sure to be a fun day!
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Jacquelynne Steves has a new Save The Bees BOM starting in August.  Check out her site and sign up!

Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh.....I am with you that ripping out is more of a pain....so why not have this one for yourself and make another for the store.

Annie said...

I doubt I even would have noticed that here had you not mentioned it. A slight turn doesn’t do the trick? Of course not being familiar with the pattern, I’ve no clue. But the design is a poinsettia delight!

Allie-oops Designs said...

It is darling! And I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out either. I'm with you on not ripping out, lol. Hope this comment works and goes to your inbox!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo