Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I haven't really had time to sew this week.  Celebrating the big one!  First of all I'd like to thank everyone who sent cards and well wishes.  And thank whoever sent me this lovely bouquet of chocolate and fruit.  I'm enjoying it and would really like to thank who sent it.  There was no signature on the card.
Also I'd like to thank Barb H. for sending me a lovely card and two pieces of fabric!  I love fabric.  I can never have enough fabric!  That was so nice of you Barb.  Thanks so much.
I may have shown this before.  This is one of the bags I made for Dégagé Ministries.  Cathy sent me this information that I'd like to share with you. 

Subject: Exciting News from Dégagé Ministries!
We are so excited to share with you that just this past month,
13 of our Open Door Women’s Center ladies have moved into housing!

This means that since January of this year,
45 Open Door women have secured safe, sustainable housing!

Sherry says, “Dégagé was a place that helped me and other women and has tried to lead us in the right direction. They have helped me very much with everything I need to know in order to be successful.”

We thank God for those like you who care about the people we serve. It is because of you that these women are looking to the future with hope and joy. Thank you for helping to make Grand Rapids a city of possibility for all!

Blessings,
Molly Hilbert
Development Assistant
Dégagé Ministries
144 Division Ave S, Grand Rapids MI 49503
616-454-1661 x218
This is such a worthwhile project and when my 94 year old friend Phyllis heard what we were doing, she donated all these personal items for us to put into the bags.  Thank you so much Phyllis.
On a lighter note, I took this picture while at the lake.  No, that is not me in the boat.  I don't know who it is but got a kick out of seeing several of these boats on the lake.  So cute.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  • AQS is here in Grand Rapids August 22- 25
  • The West Michigan Quilter's Guild show is October 5 and 6 at the Delta Plex, 9-5 each day.
  • The Second Annual Country Fair Road Tour 2018 is October 11, 12, and 13.
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, August 8
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, August 9
  • Stitch-In, Friday and Saturday, August 10 & 11  
    • NOTE:  The Attic Window Quilt Shop is having a SPECIAL during the month of August.  Pay $5 and come to any or all Stitch-ins during this month of August.  
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smile

4 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Caroll! I wonder which big one it is. There are so many choices for that. 21??? 30??? :-). Oh, fruit and chocolate...YUM! Oh gosh, the flamingo boat is such fun.

Barb said...

Happy Birthday my wonderful friend....wish I could say I sent those fruits to you..... That is awesome about the Women's Center.

Cindy Groh said...

What a generous group of ladies you are.j
I see you’re having a doll event tomorrow. Do you need any doll parts and pieces? I would love to see the dolls my mother started being finished and donated. Let me know.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Well Happy Birthday, girl! Love the flamingo boat. Great ministry, and great friends to share like that!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo