Friday, August 10, 2018

STITCH-IN FUN

I attended the Stitch-In at the Attic Window Quilt Shop today and had so much fun.  I learned a lot, laughed a lot, and met a new friend.  Above Kathy shows us the quilt she is working on.  This quilt was a BOM a year or so ago.  Kathy bought the leftover kits and got to work.
This is another section of her quilt.  I love the colors.  This quilt will be stunning.
Cathy M. made some more Fold It Hold It bags for Dégagé Ministries.  
Then she made this!
Since this is Cathy's first project with this "fabric" she chose an easy-to-make coupon holder.
 She used Kraft Tex Paper Fabric.  Cathy says you can wash it, wrinkle it, sew it, and paint on it.  She said she will do a lot of testing with her coupon holder.  She promises to send before and after pictures so we can see what happens after it is washed and painted.  Can't wait to see what she does.
This gray is what Cathy used today.
The Attic Window Quilt Shop has Kraft Tex in these beautiful colors too!
Chris (shop owner) showed me a quilt in a magazine.  It was a Dresden made scrappy.  I thought how much fun it would be if everyone came to the shop with their scraps and made a scrappy Dresden.  I used the 30 deg. Squedge ruler which I got at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  It is large and I wanted to make large blocks for this project.  Next I'm going to make a smaller Dresden for the center.  I'll keep you posted as this project develops.

I also worked on these blocks.  When I saw the blocks at the top of the pictures that Chris had made (the ones with red borders) and noticed she had lots of fabric, I decided to make some blocks too.  However, as you may remember, my piecing skills leave a lot to be desired.  I'm not sure I've ever made a log cabin block before.  I did do one in paper piecing years ago, but this was different.  In fact, if you look closely, you can see that my red center square is in the wrong place.  But Chris came to my rescue and showed me how to do these correctly and easily.  Chris is a fantastic teacher and is so willing to help when you are having a problem.  She sent me home with fabric and new knowledge and now I have to get to my sewing room and make blocks!  There is another Stitch-In tomorrow.  Come join the fun!

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  • AQS is here in Grand Rapids August 22- 25
  • The West Michigan Quilter's Guild show is October 5 and 6 at the Delta Plex, 9-5 each day.
  • The Second Annual Country Fair Road Tour 2018 is October 11, 12, and 13.
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Stitch-In, Saturday, August 11  
    • NOTE:  The Attic Window Quilt Shop is having a SPECIAL during the month of August.  Pay $5 and come to any or all Stitch-ins during this month of August. 
  • Sampler, Monday, August 13
  • Sampler, Tuesday, August 14
  • Bee, Tuesday, August 14
  • Embroidery Bee, Tuesday, August 14
ON ANOTHER NOTE:

  • Quilt Fabrication has a tutorial for pinwheel place mats that would be great for the Christmas Holidays.  
  • Caroll, 
    Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow that basket quilt really will be stunning, love the colors!! And I dearly love your log cabin blocks, they're one of my favorites, especially if they're wonky....gives them more character. I just don't do patterns anymore that have to be perfect. I like to whizz through creating and imperfections just add charm to me! Love that cherry fabric you've used.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo