Tuesday, September 25, 2018

DO YOU LOVE APPLIQUE?

I love applique and have been having a little applique withdrawal lately.  I've looked at patterns but nothing grabbed me.  Then I saw Becky Goldsmith's Hexie Garden Quilt pattern and had to have it.
This pattern is versatile.  You can make a table topper as I did above, or make a table runner, or make a big quilt.  Since this project involves using a 60 deg. ruler and some math is involved, I chose to make the small table topper first. 
Here it is on a dark background so you can see it a little better.  The pattern includes 9 whimsical hexagon blocks and I'm eager to get started on my next one. I'm thinking they will be such nice gifts.  You can pick up the pattern at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  If you are interested, let them know you'd like a class.  I didn't follow the pattern exactly since I made a faux binding and didn't put a flower in the center.

Check it out when you go to the Shop this Friday and/or Saturday to take part in the BIG SALE!

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW
  • The West Michigan Quilter's Guild show is October 5 and 6 at the Delta Plex, 9-5 each day.
  • The Second Annual Country Fair Road Tour 2018 is October 11, 12, and 13.
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Bee Hive BOM, Wednesday, Sept. 26
  • First Blush BOM, Wednesday, Sept. 26
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Sept. 27
  • Intermediate Quilting, Thursday, Sept. 27
  • FALL SALE, Thursday, Sept. 27 through Saturday, Sept. 29
  • Stitch-In, Friday and Saturday, Sept. 28 & 29
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll,  
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

3 comments:

Annie said...

It’s very pretty Caroll. I love the bright red and orange. Hmm, not sure I know about a faux binding. In any case it looks very real to me. This pattern with the different blocks will be a fun for you to make gifts with. Enjoy!

Nancy Page said...

Thank you for sharing information about this pattern. Love the designs! You used very bright and cheery colors in your table mat. So, so pretty! Thank you for sharing.

Allie said...

Oh Caroll that is just gorgeous!! I love Becky's patterns. Great colors on this!!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo