Sunday, October 7, 2018

SEEN AT THE QUILT SHOW

Good Morning Quilters.  I hope everyone got to attend the West Michigan Quilter's Guild quilt show this past weekend.  It was wonderful. And I hope you got to stop by the Attic Window Quilt Shop booth.  I was going to take a picture of the booth but got to talking and forgot.  Actually, I didn't get to take as many pictures as requested because I got sidetracked by all the wonderful quilts and seeing friends I hadn't seen in a while.  This picture above did draw my attention.  I have no idea who made this adorable quilt since there was no name next to it.  I was surprised at the number of fused quilts on display.  I have recently discovered fusing and I love it.
This quilt is Frog Days of Summer by Jane Becker and Bonnie Rhoby.
 I marveled how Bobbie Vruggrink used fabric to "paint" this stunning Zenia.
This is Traverse Bay Splendor by Jer Hon-Hawkins.  This quilt speaks to me!

That's all folks.  Don't forget the:
  • The Second Annual Country Fair Road Tour 2018 is October 11, 12, and 13.
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Sampler, Monday Oct. 8
  • Bee, Tuesday, Oct. 9
  • Sampler, Tuesday, Oct. 9
  • Embroidery Bee, Tuesday, Oct. 9
  • Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, Oct. 10
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Spring Leaf Studio has information on QAYG.  Here is the summary of what she has been posting about QAYG.  Also there are links to five different QAYG tips and tutorials.
Caroll,  
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Annie said...

What fun to see some whimsical quilts at a show. A show is always great inspiration. That fabric painted bloom is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing some quilts.

Allie said...

Dang I adore that bird! Great quilts!!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo