Sunday, November 18, 2018

RELAXING BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS

Do you find sewing relaxes you?  I've been relaxing before the busy holidays, and I do that by hand sewing applique.  These patterns are from  the book Whimsical Wool Applique by Kim Schaefer.  You can get it at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  
 This is a closeup of the two I did this week. 
I'm not showing the third one because I showed a picture of it here.  So tell us, what relaxes you?  Are you ready for the holidays?  Have you started gift making?  Can you give us some ideas?  I made two wide open zipper pouches from a pattern by Noodlehead.  Except I did a really dumb thing and put one side of the lining in backwards.  Oh, my, goodness.  Maybe I'll show them later.  

It's a busy week this week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Check out all the activities below.  You won't want to miss anything.  

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  • The Christmas Craft days will be held in November this year.  Saturday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 30.  Call the shop now and book your reservation because there is limited space.  You won't want to miss this! 
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Tuesday Bee, Tuesday, Nov. 20
  • Embroidery Bee, Tuesday, Nov. 20
  • Sampler, Wednesday, Nov. 21
  • Civil War BOM, Wednesday, Nov, 21
  • CLOSED FOR THANKSGIVING, THURSDAY, NOV. 22
  • Breakfast Stitch-In, Friday, Nov. 23
  • Christmas Craft Day, Saturday, Nov. 24
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • UlaSewing has a paper pieced pattern for a Penguin.  So cute.   When I went to the site I was given the option to translate.  I hope you can too.  
Caroll,  
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love these brightly colored appliqued funky flowers! Sewing is mostly relaxing for me...but not by hand! I’ve spent the year sorting and purging and minimalizing. That in itself makes me feel much more relaxed. I’m not really sewing any gifts. I might have had I gotten back to sewing before August. Maybe next year. Enjoy your holidays!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo