Sunday, November 4, 2018

SAVE THOSE SCRAPS AND USE THEM!

When I saw this Crumbly Leaves table topper in the Love of Quilting Magazine I knew I had to make it.  I keep and sort all my scraps by color.  I love applique so I save pieces of all sizes.  You never know when you might need it.  I had so much fun using my scraps to make this table topper that I asked Chris at the Attic Window Quilt Shop if I could teach a class on "making fabric" with scraps.  
I hope you will join me in this fun class where I will show you how to use your scraps of all sizes. 
For this class we will make this maple leaf, but I can see where you can use this technique for various patterns.  So, start saving those scraps.  As you can see above I grabbed a pile of my green scraps to make this leaf.  But I can see it in the golds and reds and yellows of autumn.  The class is Friday, Nov. 16 at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Please call the shop to register and get a class supply list.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  1. The Sixth Annual Jingle Bell Hop is November 8, 9, 10.  Four quilt shops are participating.  A free pattern comes with the purchase of your passport. The four participating shops are Queen Bee (Grand Rapids), Pressing Matters (Holland), Quilted Memories (Montague) and the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Grand Prizes of $200 in gift cards will be awarded to some lucky participants.  Are you one?
  • The Christmas Craft days will be held in November this year.  Saturday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 30.  Call the shop now and book your reservation because there is limited space.  You won't want to miss this! 
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Charity Quilts, Monday, Nov. 5
  • Bee, Tuesday, Nov. 6
  • Embroidery Bee, Tuesday, Nov. 6
  • Beginning Quilting, Wednesday, Nov. 7
  • Jingle Bell Hop begins, Thursday, Nov. 8
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Nov. 8
  • Intermediate Quilting, Thursday, Nov. 8
  • Beginning Quilting, Thursday, Nov. 8
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll,  
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

3 comments:

Quilting Tangent said...

Wonderful! Love the new fabric it made. So interesting.

Annie said...

I can see I’ve been making fabric the hard way. I love your crumbly leaves table topper! I’m too far away to take your fun class, but I can see how to do that. At least I see “a way” I could do that. I’m going to give it a go. Another item added to my list! Just what I needed. Thank you for the inspiration Caroll.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Thank you ladies for your nice commeents. Someone asked about the pattern. It is in the September/October 2018 issue of Love Of Quilting magazine.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo