Wednesday, September 22, 2010

YOU'LL LOVE THIS BUG!

Here’s another one of those little “creatures” that are on sale at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Guess I wouldn't mind having this little bug in my house! Isn’t she cute?

These items are by the same designer and are on sale at the shop. Each necklace is made of a bottle cap. Imagine how small the items inside each cap must be! They really are cute and something a teenager might like for Christmas.
.
TLC Stitches has a nice tutorial for a Faux piped binding. This looks quick and easy and something I want to try on those Coffee Mats I’m making as gifts. This detail ads that designer touch, plus says “hard work” and will make your friends ask, “how’d you do that?”
.
This morning was fun. I was in the shower when the security alarm goes off. I jump out, put on my robe and run upstairs thinking Mother has gone outside and I'll have to go get her. She was standing in the kitchen and wondering what all that noise was about. I asked her if she had opened the door and she said yes, she was looking for Howard. I tried to explain that Howard was not here. He was her husband and has been dead for four years. Bless her heart. She gets so confused sometimes.
Stay Positive!

Until next time,
Caroll

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Very cute! That bug is just adorable. Sorry to hear about your mom. Glad you are able to be there to support her. I hope I can assist my parents like that when/if they need it. I have suspicions they won't let me, though!!! :-)

Sparky said...

Ok the pic bugged me over here...hard not to like anything that does that lol..bugged no way...love it...
blessings msamm

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo