A few years ago I took a class at the Attic Window Quilt Shop from Vickie S. where we made a large ruler bag. Since my granddaughter wanted a bag for a new game board, this bag had to be at least 30" x 30". So I decided to increase the size of the ruler bag I made in Vickie's class. Above, I placed an 8" x 10.5" notebook on the bag so you can get some perspective of bag size.
Above, you can see where I placed the notebook in the pocket.
I was worried it wouldn't fit, but it looks OK.
Above, she places the game pieces into the pocket. It was a fun project, and a challenge since I couldn't find the pattern and had to call my DIL and ask her if I could borrow my ruler bag back (she snatched it up when she first saw it) so I could see how it was made. LOL I love it when my kids like what I make.
- A New Beginning Embroidery Class will begin on Feb. 20, at 11 a.m. There are two teachers, one for right handed people, and one for left handed people.
- The Heart of Winter Bus Tour is Feb. 9. You spend the day visiting the New Ewe in Newaygo; Pressing Matters in Holland; Quilted Memories in Montague; and the Attic Window Quilt Shop in Comstock Park. When you purchase your ticket you will receive a free book, shop at a discount, enjoy demonstrations and more!
- Search For the Stars Shop Hop is the end of April.
- Row By Row begins in June.
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
- Bee, Tuesday, Jan. 29
- Easy Two-Color Quilt, Wednesday, Jan. 30
- Doll Bee, Thursday, Jan. 31
- Intermediate Quilts, Thursday, Jan. 31
- Easy Two-Color Quilt, Thursday, Jan. 31
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
- Life In The Scratchpatch has a tutorial for how to build a snowman. So cute!
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles