Tuesday, January 22, 2019

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?

I haven't made it to the Attic Window Quilt Shop yet this week, so I don't have much to show you.  I did want to show you this adorable little mug rug that Cathy made for me.  I love cats and this one is so cute!  Thank you Cathy! 
I have been working on a project for my DIL but this morning I got sidetracked. I watched the Craft Channel.  There was a video on How To Sew A Broken Herringbone Patchwork.  I had to try it.  I love using my scraps and this was the perfect way to use them.  I hope to continue with this and make a large quilt like in the video.  You can watch it here.

DON'T FORGET:
  • A New Beginning Embroidery Class will begin on Feb. 20, at 11 a.m.  There are two teachers, one for right handed people, and one for left handed people.
  • The Heart of Winter Bus Tour is Feb. 9.  You spend the day visiting the New Ewe in Newaygo; Pressing Matters in Holland; Quilted Memories in Montague; and the Attic Window Quilt Shop in Comstock Park.  When you purchase your ticket you will receive a free book, shop at a discount, enjoy demonstrations and more!
  • Search For the Stars Shop Hop is the end of April.
  • Row By Row begins in June.

 AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP  

  • Starburst, Wednesday, Jan. 23
  • Easy 2 Color Quilt, Wednesday, Jan. 23
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Jan. 24
  • Intermediate Quilting, Thursday, Jan. 24
  • Easy 2 Color Quilt, Thursday, Jan. 24
  • Easy Table Runners, Friday, Jan. 25
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Annie said...

Aww, that is a cute kitty mug rug. Oh my, that’s quite the quilt undertaking you have going there. I watched her video and when I got to the part where you don’t sew all the way to the edge, I thought...oh, one of those pattern designs...I’d never get very far with that. I’m sure I would absentmindedly sew all the way and be picking out stitches constantly! LOL. So I will watch you make this quilt instead. Have fun!

Adrienne said...

This looks really tricky but I absolutely love the result.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo