Monday, January 14, 2019

NEED SOME PIECING PRACTICE?

I think I have lost my mind. I haven't been able to get to the Attic Window Quilt Shop since last week and that is enough to make me a little crazy. But I have too much to do.  My DIL has asked me to make three table toppers, my granddaughter wants a bag for her new game, and my friend wants a quilt. I purchased the fabrics a while ago. And what do I do?  I decide to make the first block of Pat Sloan's Out of this World BOM mystery quilt.  I went through my scrap pile and found some fabrics that I thought would work. and made this block.
Here it is on a different background.  It was a challenge, but I really needed to get some piecing practice in before I started on those other projects.  I had company and way too much fun over the holidays and didn't make it to my sewing room as much as I would like to.  You can read about the BOM and get the pattern here.  I hope I can keep up with her BOM this year.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW
  • The annual Bus Tour is Saturday, Feb. 9.  There is a new route this year.  You pay just $60 to socialize while you are driven to different shops where you get to pat fabric and eat food and buy til your hearts content.
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP 
  • Bee, Tuesday, Jan. 15
  • Beginning Machine Applique, Tuesday, Jan. 15
  • Sampler, Wednesday, Jan. 16
  • Civil War BOM, Wednesday, Jan. 16
  • Easy Two-Color Quilt, Wednesday, Jan. 16
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Jan. 17
  • Intermediate Quilt, Thursday, Jan. 17
  • Easy Two-Color Quilt, Thursday, Jan. 17
  • Easy Table Runners, Friday, Jan. 18
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

No comments:

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo