Monday, January 28, 2019

A NEW GAME BAG

Hello Quilters!  I hope everyone is staying warm and getting lots of sewing done, especially if you live in the Midwest where you should not be outside anyway.  I hope to get a lot of sewing done these next few days because it looks like we're in for a long haul of cold snowy weather here in Michigan.  I do have something to show you.  I made this bag for my granddaughter, who obviously went to Michigan State University.
A few years ago I took a class at the Attic Window Quilt Shop from Vickie S. where we made a large ruler bag.  Since my granddaughter wanted a bag for a new game board, this bag had to be at least 30" x 30".  So I decided to increase the size of the ruler bag I made in Vickie's class. Above, I placed an 8" x 10.5" notebook on the bag so you can get some perspective of bag size.
Above, you can see where I placed the notebook in the pocket.
Here,  my granddaughter gets ready to put the game board into the bag.  
I was worried it wouldn't fit, but it looks OK.
Above, she places the game pieces into the pocket.  It was a fun project, and a challenge since I couldn't find the pattern and had to call my DIL and ask her if I could borrow my ruler bag back (she snatched it up when she first saw it) so I could see how it was made.  LOL  I love it when my kids like what I make.

DON'T FORGET:
  • A New Beginning Embroidery Class will begin on Feb. 20, at 11 a.m.  There are two teachers, one for right handed people, and one for left handed people.
  • The Heart of Winter Bus Tour is Feb. 9.  You spend the day visiting the New Ewe in Newaygo; Pressing Matters in Holland; Quilted Memories in Montague; and the Attic Window Quilt Shop in Comstock Park.  When you purchase your ticket you will receive a free book, shop at a discount, enjoy demonstrations and more!
  • Search For the Stars Shop Hop is the end of April.
  • Row By Row begins in June.

 AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP


  • Bee, Tuesday, Jan. 29
  • Easy Two-Color Quilt, Wednesday, Jan. 30
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Jan. 31
  • Intermediate Quilts, Thursday, Jan. 31
  • Easy Two-Color Quilt, Thursday, Jan. 31

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

That is terrific, Caroll. That is quite a large bag to make, but it sure is perfect for the game board and pieces. They must take the game from place to place. The bag makes an awkward, large board easy to tote around. It really is a good feeling when your family likes what you make and ask for custom work. It’s definitely a lot of snow. We’ve gotten away easy for quite some time so it’s been due. Happy sewing!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo