Sunday, February 3, 2019

HAVE YOU BEEN PRODUCTIVE?

What have you been doing this week?  Most of us in the Midwest have been snowed in. and I decided I needed to be productive instead of feeling sorry for myself.  Before Christmas, I had taken my DIL to the Attic Window Quilt Shop to choose fabrics for a table topper that she wanted.  So this snow gave me a great opportunity to get down to business and get it made.
In fact, she wanted three of them, so I did just that.  These look a little strange but I think it is the way they are laying and also the lighting.  I had to do all kinds of things to get the picture light enough, since we've had nothing but grey days around here. Unfortunately, this pattern is no longer available.  
I also made this table runner that she wanted.  The pattern is Table Charm Two a Whistlepig Creek Productions pattern.  You can get it at the shop.  I had to adjust the pattern because of the size she wanted, but when she saw the sample at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, she knew what she wanted.  Vickie S. made the sample and you can see it here.

DON'T FORGET:
  • A New Beginning Embroidery Class will begin on Feb. 20, at 11 a.m.  There are two teachers, one for right handed people, and one for left handed people.
  • The Heart of Winter Bus Tour is Feb. 9.  You spend the day visiting the New Ewe in Newaygo; Pressing Matters in Holland; Quilted Memories in Montague; and the Attic Window Quilt Shop in Comstock Park.  When you purchase your ticket you will receive a free book, shop at a discount, enjoy demonstrations and more!
  • Search For the Stars Shop Hop is the end of April.
  • Row By Row begins in June.

 AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

  • Charity Quilts, Monday, Feb. 7
  • Sampler, Tuesday, Feb. 8
  • Bee, Tuesday, Feb. 8
  • Embroidery Bee, Tuesday, Feb. 8
  • Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, Feb. 13 (not 9)
  • Easy Two-Color Quilt, Wednesday, Feb. 9


ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • AQS Blog has a tutorial for a LOVE pillow.
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

I definitely was not as productive as you were. Great table toppers Caroll. I love the colors. I really like that second design that your daughter decided on. All that snow and cold and now this fast melting with temps in the 40s. I love the change! LOL

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo