Wednesday, February 13, 2019

PRODUCTIVE SNOW DAY

I was supposed to join the Happy Scrappers today at the Attic Window Quilt Shop but it was closed due to the weather.  Just as well since I couldn't get out.  Our street hasn't been plowed all week! Yesterday, I cut and cut and cut fabric so I would be all ready to sew today.  Since I had done all that cutting, and I had power, I decided to go to my sewing room and put a couple blocks together.  Above is Mint Block, Month 1 from the book Garden Sampler Block of the Month.  I'm not good at piecing and this really stretched my skills with those little one-inch pieces.
This is the second block from Pat Sloan's Out Of This World BOM.  It was fun to make but I wonder how this mystery quilt will come together since this block is much smaller than the one I made last month.

DON'T FORGET:
  • A New Beginning Embroidery Class will begin on Feb. 20, at 11 a.m.  There are two teachers, one for right handed people, and one for left handed people.
  • Search For the Stars Shop Hop is the end of April.
  • Row By Row begins in June.

 AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP


  • Stitch-in.  Since we didn't get to the shop today I hope all you Happy Scrappers will join me Saturday, Feb. 16

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

Great blocks Caroll. Hmm...different sizes. Well, that’s easy enough to solve with just adding a coordinating stip here or there.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo