Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

The one advantage to having all this snow is that I do spend more time in my sewing room.  I made this block yesterday.  This is block 2 from the book Garden Sampler Block of the Month. While making it I wondered, who needs crossword puzzles when we have patterns to stretch our mind!
This is what I worked on Saturday while at the Attic Window Quilt Shop sewing with the Happy Scrappers.  It is Broken Herringbone.  A great way to use your scraps.  I think I'll add one more row then put a wide border on it, something to calm it down a bit.  Any suggestions?
My daughter gave me the QCR Mini Ruler for Christmas.  I've been practicing with the ruler but have not been able to achieve the round curve that I want.
There was a pattern with the ruler, so I took the squares apart and made this.
I think this will work.  It will be a fun way to use my scraps and my new ruler.

ATTENTION: Monday hours have changed.  The Attic Window Quilt Shop is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday during the months of February, March, and April.  Tuesday through Saturday hours have not changed and will remain the same as usual.

DON'T FORGET:
  • A New Beginning Embroidery Class will begin on Feb. 20, at 11 a.m.  There are two teachers, one for right handed people, and one for left handed people.
  • Search For the Stars Shop Hop is the end of April.
  • Row By Row begins in June.

 AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Wednesday, Feb. 20:
    • Sampler, 9:30
    • Civil War BOM, 10
    • Vintage Christmas, 10
    • Beginning Embroidery, 11
  • Thursday, Feb. 21:
    • Doll Bee, 10
    • Intermediate Quilting, 3:30
  • Friday & Saturday, Feb. 22 & 23:
    • Stitch-In Fri., 10-5
    • Stitch-In, Sat., 10-4
  • Monday, Feb. 25
    • Stitch-In, 10-6
  • Tuesday, Feb. 26
    • Bee, 10
    • Civil War BOM, 10
  • Wednesday, Feb. 27:
    • Starburst, 10
  • Thursday, Feb. 28:
    • Doll Bee, 10
    • Intermediate Quilting, 3:30
  • Friday, Mar. 1
    • Stitch-In, 10-5
  • Saturday, Mar. 2
    • Sampler, 9:30
    • Bee, 10
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll, 
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

Excellent use of snow days. And we are having plenty of those lately. I agree, who needs crossword puzzles indeed. I love the look of your Garden Sampler block. The broken herringbone is wonderfully colorful. Sewing the circles I imagine takes some practice. But I love that scallop look piece you are working on.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo