Peggy showed us this block. It is for the quilt that was started last year during the Queen Bee BOM. She's going to get this one done. Love that block!
Most of us were busy sewing our scraps to make the blocks that Mary showed us how to make last month. Above, Cathy has a good start on sewing hers. She said she took all the left over fabrics from previous quilts that she had made and cut them to size and is making her quilt.
I grabbed a couple of her pieces and put them together to see how they would look. I think this will make a great quilt, don't you?
Janalee sewed on the binding for her quilt today.
And I sewed on the binding for my quilt today. Both Janalee and I are giving our quilts to Charity. Janalee is taking them to a battered woman's shelter in Grand Rapids, MI.
Above, Mary (left) shows Janalee how to create another block using your scraps.
This is the block that we will try next. Mary says you can intermingle the blocks (use the blocks from the quilts we just made as well as this block).
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW
- The annual Bus Tour is Saturday, Feb. 9. There is a new route this year. You pay just $60 to socialize while you are driven to different shops where you get to pat fabric and eat food and buy til your hearts content.
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
- Doll Bee, Thursday, Jan. 10
- Intermediate Quilting, Thursday, Jan. 10
- Easy 2 Color Quilt, Thursday p.m., Jan. 10
- Stitch-In, Friday and Saturday, Jan. 11 & 12
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
- Elm Street Quilts has a tutorial for a mesh Travel Bag.
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles