Wednesday, October 20, 2010

IT'S TIME TO THINK ABOUT CHRISTMAS!

When I stopped at the Attic Window Quilt Shop last week, I saw this quilt from Crabapple Hill. It is Snowmen A to Zzzz. The pattern says “From “A - Angels we have heard on high..." to our last little sleeping snowman "zzzZ, this colorful 48 1/2" x 72 1/2" quilt can't help but make you smile! “ It got me to thinking about Christmas and all the presents I need to make. The best time to do that is NOW!

While browsing at the shop, I saw gift suggestion number 1. This darling bag is a Sonoma Swing Bag by Pink Sand Beach Designs. It has a long skinny strip, a zipper top and lots of pockets. Teenagers on my list will love it.

Gift suggestion number 2: City Weekend is a kit designed by Liesl Gibson for Oliver +S for Moda. Each kit includes fabric for the top, binding and the pattern. Saves time on what fabrics to choose. Just take it home and make it!

GapingVoid had another cartoon that touched me. Check it out.

Mrs. Schmenkman has a wonderful tutorial on a butterfly block. Scroll all the way down and see how pretty this quilt looks on the bed. You can also check out Freda’s Hive and see how Nanette’s butterfly quilt is turning out.

Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Oh, I LOVE Crabapple Hill! I started one of their projects already and need to finish it. But, I LOVE this one! I may need to get it. Can we order online from the store? I don't know when I'll ever make it up there. Ack! (Or when I'll make this, but I'm feeling I must have it!)

Allie said...

I love crabapple hill patterns - so sweet! Those gifts are great, love the bag. Big girls would love it too!

Mama Pea said...

I gave you a sunshine award on my blog today. Check it out: http://peasinapod.typepad.com/peas-in-a-pod/2010/10/sunshine-award.html. Thanks for all you do! I appreciate your blog-friendship!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo