Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A VISIT FROM THE NETHERLANDS

I recently received an email from Evi from the Netherlands.  Remember her?  I blogged about her here and had asked her to send me pictures of her finished project.  This is her email to us:

"Dear Caroll and ladies from the Tuesday quilting bee, Greetings from the Netherlands.
 

My time in Michigan seemed to just fly by. We had an enjoyable camping trip to the Lake Michigan Recreation Area north of Ludington. We hiked a mile along the dune trail until we found a good spot to pitch our tents. We were right at a beautiful beach which we had practically to ourselves and the kids had lots of fun.
 

By now, I am back home in the Netherlands. I have signed up for the blog and have very much enjoyed Caroll's emails. It's nice to get the pictures and see what you all are working on. It gives me all kinds of ideas... Judy's Fractured Nine Patch quilt has me thinking and I want to try this block in one of my next projects.
 

I have finished the table runner that I was working on during the quilting bee. I'm sending along some pictures of me with the table runner in front of our house in Escharen, the Netherlands and some close-ups of the table runner. It's hand-pieced and hand-quilted.
 

I hope you had a good time at the AQS. I wish I could have been there.
 

Take care,  Love,  Evi McGrath"

"
Isn’t that a wonderful email!  I love blogging and quilting and meeting and talking to people all over the world.  Above is a close up of one of the blocks in Evi’s table runner. Look at all that beautiful hand quilting!
This is a picture of the entire table runner.  Thank you Evi for sharing your talents with us.  I love the pictures and the table runner is stunning.  Please keep in touch and send us more pictures of you and your work.

ON ANOTHER NOTEFabric Engineer has a tutorial for a Simply Solids block.               

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Such nice fabric choices AND hand quilting - spectacular!

Mama Pea said...

Great email, and I love her table runner. Her fabric choices really make it shine with so much movement.

Allie said...

That table runner is stunning!! What a lovely email - and you know you have to go visit her now, right? *G*

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo