Thursday, February 6, 2014

A PLACE WHERE EVERYONE KNOWS YOUR NAME

I was finally able to get out of my house today and headed straight for the Attic Window Quilt Shop where I knew I’d find a welcoming atmosphere.  I found friends there and spent the day laughing, chatting, and catching up.  What fun.  I took my camera and got some pictures too!  The Tuesday Bee was just finishing up and I caught Gerry before she left.  I knew she would have something to show.  And I was right.  Above she shows us a little wall hanging that she had just finished.  It is hand quilted and beautiful. 
Gerry also showed me another finish that she’d accomplished while being housebound in this weather.  It is lovely.  Gerry is so talented.
Look at these tiny apple core pieces that I found Diana working on.
This is what they look like from the back.  Diana does precise work and these small pieces are awesome.  Can’t wait to see the finished project.
I had to show you this.  A customer stopped by and I begged her to let me show you this quilt.  It was made for her two year old grandson.  Isn’t it adorable!
Judi A. had been productive during our snow storm.  She took the pattern that we use for the project bag on Craft Day and did some embellishments.  She then added a handle and look what she came up with.  You’d never know it is the same bag pattern.  How cute!
Judi also finished her 2013 Sampler quilt.  I showed you several other finished Sampler quilts on yesterday’s post.  Above you see yet another way to put this quilt together.  Beautiful!

DON’T FORGET
  • The Heart of Winter Tour is February 8th.  Call the shop to make your reservation as space is limited and the bus is filling up fast!
  • The Happy Scrappers will NOT meet this Saturday, February 8th as scheduled due to the Heart of Winter Bus Tour.  However, we will be meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 12th, and on Saturday, Feb. 15th.  Don’t forget to bring things for show-n-tell.
ON ANOTHER NOTESo Scrappy has a tutorial for a rainbow scrap split pinwheel block.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Lynn said...

So glad to hear you were able to get out!

Allie said...

Really happy you were able to get out Caroll, before the next batch of white stuff, lol!!! Everybody has been so productive, love that first little quilt so much!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo