Wednesday, April 16, 2014

HANDSOME MAN AND A FUNNY STORY

I have a funny story to tell you.   Above, Diana (left), Adrienne (middle), and Judy (right) talk during our recent Happy Scrapper’s meeting.
Adrienne had just had surgery on her rotator cuff, so her arm was in a sling.  We were so glad to see her at our meeting.  She is always a joy and she had missed a lot of time sewing with us as she spent a month in her homeland of New Zealand.
Above' is her handsome husband Chris.  As I said in an earlier post, I wanted to write and get permission before I posted his picture because I didn’t want to embarrass anyone.  I know men who would die before being caught in a fabric store!  So our emails went like this:

Adrienne:
Thanks for asking about Chris. ..... actually I think he would be quite chuffed at being photographed at a a ladies "happening" ... the fox in the hen house .....Haha!

Caroll:
Not being from NZ I can only guess that chuffed means...No?
I understand; that is why I asked.  I don't want to embarrass anyone.  He sure is a handsome fellow! (don't tell him I said that...it might embarrass him!)

Adrienne:
Nooooo, “chuffed'' means pretty thrilled, without being too puffed up about it. Low key thrilled. So fire away.

Adrienne:
You made me curious so I looked it up in the dictionary, and it said ''English dialect'' word for chuffed, ........  ''delighted, pleased, tickled, happy, joyous", so have at it girlfriend, post the man all over the page!

I got a big giggle out of that.  Hope you did too.  So here he is above….posted all over the page!  Doesn’t he have a nice smile!  Love that T-shirt!

ON ANOTHER NOTEJo’s Country Junction has a free pattern for a star table runner.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

haha! Chuffed does "sound" bad doesn't it? Glad you worked it out, he does look happy indeed. :)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I would never have known what "chuffed" meant either! He sure looks happy to be there!

Mama Pea said...

That. Is. Awesome. All the time I spent in Australia, I never heard that term. haha.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo