Thursday, November 20, 2014

JINGLE BELL HOP EXTENDED

 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
  • The Jingle Bell Hop scheduled for Nov 14 through 22 has been EXTENDED.  Due to all the snow we have received these past few days, it has been decided to EXTEND the "Jingle Bell Hop" a couple days.  The Attic Window, Pressing Matters, Queen Bee and Quilted Memories will be open for you on Monday, November 24, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Tuesday November 25, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.  Hope to see you there!
Since the weather has kept me inside too, I thought I’d show you some of what I did at retreat and during the long lonely snowy days in my sewing room.  Above, is what I’ve been doing.

 These are bookmarks.  I had started out wanting to make the bookmarks with magnets.  I got a package of magnets that you can put business cards on.  I followed directions, made a bookmark, and used it for about a week.  When I dropped the book, and the bookmark flew across the floor, I realized the magnet was not strong enough.  I looked for stronger magnets, but they were thicker and I didn’t think that would work, so I finally decided to just make these with the little ribbons on the end.  I haven’t tried it, but I don’t think these will fly across the room if I drop the book.
 These are those Little Wallets, a Valori Wells pattern.  I love making these.
 Above are pillowcases.  The older grandchildren of course want the Michigan State ones.  The one with the monkeys goes to my great grandson.  These are so fun to make.  Chris has kits at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.
 These are pot holders made from various left over blocks.  I like making these because it makes use of those blocks and also gives me a chance to try out some new quilting.
 These are Market bags.  I don’t know where the pattern came from as I got it a long time ago and there is no information on it.  They are reversible and my daughter loves them.
This bag is the Runaround Bag by Lazy Girl Designs.  I love how this pattern goes together.

Well, I’m off to shovel more snow.  There are advantages to being snowed-in, but  I hope I can get out of the house and to the grocery tomorrow.  I may be getting a lot of sewing done, but I’m going stir crazy!  Hope you have a great weekend!

NEW CLASS

  • Vickie S. will have a One Block Wonder class on Monday, December 15th from 10:00-4:00.
DON’T FORGET:
  • There are two Craft Days scheduled this year at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  This has always been a popular event and in order to accommodate everyone, Chris added a Craft Day to the calendar.  I'm so glad she cancelled the one scheduled for this Friday.  Craft Day is now scheduled for Saturday, November 29 and Friday, December 5th.
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Sunny In Cal has a tutorial for a wonky braid.  Great way to use scraps.
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Allie said...

Well being snowed in sure makes you productive, lol - what fabulous makes you have!!! Love those little wallets. I think I've made that Lazy Gal bag - or one similar to it, but also their pattern. Doesn't have a zip though.

Annie said...

Oh, I so wish I could be bound to my sewing room for days on end! I'm incredibly jealous! I love all your makes! So many times it's the little things that get the best love.

Barb said...

Lots of fun things, thanks for showing them...love your pot holders, wonderful to use straggling blocks.

Mama Pea said...

You were busy! The bookmarks looked like they turned out great.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo