Sunday, May 1, 2016

MISTI IS READY FOR AUTUMN

Finished at last!  Several years ago I started making this quilt....after making a few blocks I got sidetracked and started working on something else.  The UFO sat there for several years.  One day about a year ago, Misti stopped by my house and I showed her the blocks.  Since she loved the pattern, I gave everything to her and said for her to go for it.  She called me excitedly today to tell me she had finished the quilt.  She made the rest of the blocks, finished the quilt, had it quilted, and she added the binding.  Done!  I had to rush over and take pictures.

 Above, Misti shows off her awesome quilt. I'm sorry but don't remember the name of the pattern and forgot to ask Misti the details..

 She does wonderful applique.

 Since she wanted the quilt long enough to cover her bed, she added these squares along the bottom.  I also wanted you to see the quilting.  That pumpkin is perfect.  Also take note of the binding.  Misti said she wanted all the colors in the binding, so she cut squares from all the fabrics in the quilt, sewed them together, pressed the seams open and made binding.  Wow!  What a task!  But I love it.

I can't remember which blocks I made.  I think maybe only about three.  I know Misti made this block above.
 Misti also had a jelly roll quilt to show me.  She said that this one is for when she and Ken (her husband) go camping.

 Misti shows us that she pieced the back of that quilt.

I really love the quilting on this one too.  Misti said that she always has her quilting done by Nancy at Aerie Quilting.  You can find her on line.

Thank you Misti for sharing this stunning quilt with us!

NEW AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP!
  • A new Batik BOM is starting on Monday, May 16 at 2-4 or 6-8.  This BOM will last nine months.  The charge of $30/month includes fabric and patterns.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW: 
  • Charity Quilts, Monday, May 2
Be sure and check the calendar on the Sidebar for more happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this week.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: 
 ♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Denice Barker said...

The pumpkin quilt is really nice! The binding is a perfect touch.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo