Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A QUICK GIFT IDEA

 Are you in need of a quick gift?  How about this cute table topper that I saw recently at the Attic Window Quilt Shop?
 As you can see, the pattern is called Origami and is by Pieced Tree.
 I am ashamed to say that I started the above table topper last year during Craft Day.  Today I put the binding on it and it will be gifted.
 Today my day was mostly all about preparation.  After finishing the table topper above, I cut about a thousand 2 1/2" squares from my scraps.  Not my favorite thing to do, but since Wednesday is Happy Scrappers at the Attic Window, I thought I would get prepared to sew.  I wanted to make more of those blocks for the charity quilt that I started last Saturday when at Happy Scrappers.
The weather forecast is snow this weekend, so I plan to stay inside and sew.  In preparation, I put this table runner on the frame.  Oh, joy, more snow!

Happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop
  • Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, Dec. 14, 10 a.m.
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Dec. 15, 10 a.m.
    ON ANOTHER NOTE: 
    • My Bearpaw has a tutorial for free hand foundation piecing.  Looks like fun.
    Caroll,
    Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

    1 comment:

    Nancy Page said...

    Love the Origami pattern, looks interesting! I will have to look for it. Thank you for the tip on this pattern. I see you have been busy sewing and cutting. Good going! Thank you for this great link! This also looks interesting.
    Have a super great sewing and stitching day!! Have a Very Merry Christmas!!

    lkjlkj

    Attic Window Teachers

    Attic Window Teachers
    Attic Window Teachers

    Quilting for Kids With Cancer

    Quilting for Kids With Cancer
    Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

    Quilts For Wheels

    Quilts For Wheels
    Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
    Quilting Bloggers Logo